Friday, July 04, 2008

Wow, almost five months since my last entry! Bad me! Maybe this post will make amends.

I just got a call from a lady who wants to look at my condo - since it's listed for sale on ComFree. Yes, I know I just bought it last year, but the enormous strain that living a good 45-minute drive apart has put on my relationship with the boyfriend makes the north side much more attractive. So, I listed the place.

The kitchen cupboards have doors now, thanks to my niece's boyfriend aka my student labor force. He did a really nice job repainting what were essentially junky, battered old pieces of chipboard, and the kitchen has a kind of Mediterranean/Mexican feel now. I also, in the interests of not startling prospective buyers, took down the sparklies that I had hanging in the loft window and put up nice, normal curtains in their place. And, as I'm a tad paranoid, I put away all of the non-antique family photos.

Now, I know that this is only the first call about the place, but I can't help but be excited. I'd rather sell it sooner than later, as I will then have to secure a place to live closer to my squeeze, and book the movers (I'm hoping for a closing date of August 31). Then, there's the packing. Oh dear gods, the packing. After moving a grand total of twice between 1977 and 2006, I find myself facing my second move in 18 months. I'll get through it, though, because I have to. I learned a lot from the move last year, so this one should be (marginally) easier. Plus, I have a lot of boxes still packed from the last move - bonus! (not to mention all of the empty boxes, which I flattened and stored in the crawl space - clever, no?)

So, please cross your fingers for me that I sell this place for the price I listed or close enough to it to give me some profit, that I find a rental on the north side quickly, and that the move goes well.

I'll update as things proceed..........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The packing, oh yes indeed! Being in the middle of it, I see exactly what a hell it is, what with my last move being 28 and a half years ago.

Keeping the fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

Yikes... been there, done that, have the tee shirt.

Want me to see if I can swing by for a week next month? I'm off August 9-17.

Lemmie know, 'kay?

~k

TB said...

Have definitely been there (packing/moving) many times...on average, every two years since 1993. :p

Still...I don't envy you the job.