Monday, September 15, 2008

Cross Your Fingers!

I just submitted an online application, complete with resumé and cover letter, for a Unit Manager position on one of our facility's Medicine units. I have been thinking of making such a move for almost a year - I've grown very weary of carrying the whole site on my shoulders every single shift; as well, the dysfunctional dynamics of our current team, from the big boss down, are making me literally sick. If I get this job, I will be once again working under the director who mentored me for six years.

So, my friends, I would be really grateful if you would cross whatever digits you can free up for me - that I get this job and get out from under the regime from hell. The posting closes this coming Friday, and if they want to interview me, I hope it's the following week, as we're leaving the country on vacation on the 30th. It would be nice to celebrate my new job on our trip to France!

Oh, and the house is now rodent-free. I found the entry point and sealed it after stuffing the whole with crumpled tinfoil. I did, unfortunately, have to execute three of the little vermin before I figured it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping them crossed, for sure. You certainly need the change of scenery, and especially, bosses!

Mice, hantavirus carrying vermin! Well, at least there are 3 mice that had to learn the hard way, not to mess with YOUR hill!!

TB said...

I'm telling ya...get a snake! ;)

And once all the mice are gone, turn the snake loose on the boss from hell.