Sunday, July 29, 2007

More Painting!

I painted the dining room, kitchen, and the upper base cabinets today - because a week from tomorrow there is a huge, very heavy, solid oak antique sideboard coming from my father's place, so I need to be ready for it. It is much easier to paint with less furniture in the room, duh. So, I patched holes yesterday (thanks again, GroomLeader, for helping me remove the ugly wood cabinet) and today I washed down with TSP, then rinsed, and painted. The walls around the laundry area and bathroom doorway I left for Tuesday, since my hands were starting to go numb and stay that way.

I will be contacting the student painting service to see how much they want to pick up the paint and kitchen cupboard doors, paint the damned things, and return them to me. Really, I haven't the time, space, or patience for such picky work. If it's less than $200.00, it's a deal. I'd like to have the place together for my sister's visit mid-August, but I'm not holding my breath. If I can get the door work expedited, it's no biggie to remove the 6 lower cupboard doors and paint those base cabinets. New hardware for the doors, and once they're painted and re-installed it will be like having a new kitchen.

If anyone makes it to the end of this post, I will be really shocked, since this is a very boring subject. Does anyone care that I plan to leave the cupboard where I have all my spices, oils, and sauces doorless? I though not. Maybe I'll have something more interesting to write about later this week - Dragon Boat practice is on Tuesday, and for once I'm not on duty that evening!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made it to the end of the post! Yay me!
Glad to help in your beautification projects, Worker A, you are most welcome! :)

Anonymous said...

I also made it to the end. And the renos continue at my house a year and half later, so I can appreciate your madness. Hope to see you at work soon. Ms. M

TB said...

So...who ended up repainting the cupboard doors? And no, I don't think that leaving the door to the spice/sauce/oil cupboard somewhere other than on the hinges is a bad thing.