Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Good News/Bad News

This will probably be the first of many (well, a few, anyway) identically-titled posts. Kind of a what-I've-been-up-to-lately story in point form.

Bad News: backed into another car in the hospital parkade last Thursday night when leaving work; left a note on the car's windshield apologizing and giving my name and contact #s.

Good News: absolutely no damage to my car, not even a scratch (other car had a sizeable ding on the back bumper). Didn't hear from anyone all Friday, got to hoping the ding was old and not caused by me.

Bad News: the intern who owns the other car contacted me on Saturday. The ding was definitely not there before, she said.

Good News: since I have never, in 34 years of being a licensed driver and 27+ years of owning cars, had an at-fault accident, my insurance has an automatic forgiveness for the first one. No increase in my premiums next year.
___________________________________________________________________

Bad News: while biting into a semi-frozen chocolate a couple of weeks ago, I broke off a piece of a lower molar.

Good News: what ended up exposed was a filling, not tooth enamel, so I didn't spend the weekend in pain.

Bad News: the filling had very sharp edges; my tongue got quite abraded.

Good News: the root of the tooth is healthy, so a crown won't be a problem.

Bad News: my Blue Cross only covers 50% of crowns, so my up-front cost will be about CAD$500.00.

Good News: I have a supplemental Health Spending account that will reimburse that $500.00.
___________________________________________________________________

Good News: there is a change a-brewing in the way my job is done region-wide. A new lead day manager position will come in, coordinating the shift managers (what I am right now). After discussion with my director (and positive encouragement from her), I decided to apply for that position when it was posted.

Bad News: even before the position has been posted, our night manager has been seconded into it - by, among others, our director. Guess that shows me what they think of me. This night manager is not someone I want to be answering to.
___________________________________________________________________

Bad News: I was diagnosed last May with a cataract in my left eye. My vision (especially night vision) got progressively worse, so I was referred to an opthalmologist.

Good News: by putting my name on the surgery cancellation list, I managed to get scheduled for surgery this March, instead of June.

Bad News: the surgery and resultant recuperation period will cut into my time to paint the new townhouse prior to moving in.
___________________________________________________________________

Well, that's long enough for now. Stay tuned for more exciting developments from the Aunt hill!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I await more exciting developments, with bated breath!
;-)